Terms & Conditions
Effective date: January 11, 2022
Please read all information related to the Smart Village Training you wish to partake in carefully, ensuring that you are satisfied prior to registration.
About Training Portal
The eTownz Training Portal is a web and mobile application provided for the purpose of administration and facilitation of the Smart Village Training. It allows you to view session dates and venues, course material and to contact Trainers.
Your privacy is very important to us. Please read the Privacy Notice below to see how eConcepts collects, uses and protects your personal information as the data processor on behalf of eTownz. We recommend that you read this before you use or register with the Training Portal.
Submission of details in the Training Portal registration form is an expression of interest, and does not guarantee a place in a course.
There is no participation fee.
In the event that a course or session is cancelled for any reason, participants will be notified. All cancellation requests should be made to the Trainer.
What you agree to when joining the Training Portal
It is your responsibility to comply with all applicable laws which may apply to your use of the Training Portal and to the material you post.
eConcepts accepts no liability for any material posted on the Training Portal by users. eConcepts is not responsible for and does not endorse the contents of user’s submissions or warrant the accuracy, truthfulness, legality or reliability of submissions.
Your account and its details
As part of the registration process, you will be asked to create a password and you will be responsible for all activities occurring under your username and for keeping your password secure. We strongly recommend you do not reuse a password which you also use elsewhere.
You agree not to share your account with anyone. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorised use of your account or access to your password. You may change your password or profile by following instructions on the site.
eConcepts will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using or accessing your password or account, either with or without your knowledge.
Rights of eConcepts
Indemnity and waiver
You agree to indemnify, defend (at the request of eConcepts), and hold harmless eConcepts, our contractors, employees, and /or technology providers, from and against any third party claim, demand, loss, damage, cost, or liability including reasonable legal expenses, made or brought by any third party due to or arising out of:
- Your use of the Dashboard or any part thereof,
- The infringement or misappropriation by you, or a third party using your computer, of any account or password to access and/or use the Dashboard,
- The infringement of any intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
Please contact [email protected]
eConcepts collects, uses and protects your personal information as a data processor on behalf of eTownz.
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
eTownz fully respects your right to and is committed to protecting your privacy. The company will not collect any personal information about you on its websites or apps without your explicit consent. Any information, which you submit via the dashboard will be treated with the highest possible standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the current legislation including EU GDPR 2016/679 and DP Act 2018.
This privacy statement sets out how eTownz (Data Controller) and eConcept Web Solutions Ltd. (the Data Processor and the company that runs the eTownz service) process your personal data, secure this personal data, and the various policies that are in place in compliance with the above legislation.
The company reserves the right to amend the scope of the privacy notice at any time which may include or exclude other sites or Dashboards.
Identity and the contact details of the controller
The Data Controller is eTownz., Liffey Trust Centre, Upper Sheriff Street, Dublin 1
Contact details of the data protection officer
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (01) 5240040
Identity and the contact details of the processor
The Data Processor is eConcept Web Solutions Ltd., Liffey Trust Centre, Upper Sheriff Street, Dublin 1,
Email: [email protected]
How we collect your information
The eTownz Training Portal, and the data processor, eConcepts, collects personal information from you on our behalf, to facilitate your feedback responses in the portal. Your data is collected in the following ways:
- Directly from your account information and user provided content on the Training Portal via the account registration form, submission forms, issues forms, suggestions forms, survey forms, comment boxes; votes and likes.
- Automatically through third party services and the Training Portal’s technologies including information from your account profile on Third Party Services and tracking online
The information you provide
Most of the features of the eTownz Dashboard are based directly on crowdsourcing content that users provide when using eTownz Dashboard. This content consists of the various pieces of information associated with the individual answers, suggestions, issues or other reports submitted through eTownz Dashboard. This information can include:
- Contact details, including your name, display name and email address,
- Gender and age;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Tracking codes, such as cookies;
- Submissions, comments, emails, feedback about the Training Portal, indicators of support to other users, points earned, levels achieved, rewards ordered and used and other content you provide via the use of the Training Portal. For issues, suggestions or other reports content such as the title of the report, a textual description of the report, the physical location of the report and a user-provided photograph showing the issue, suggestion or other report is necessary.
- In many cases, the default physical location of the issue, suggestion or other report is generated from obtaining GPS or other geolocation information directly from the user’s computer or mobile device.
- Information related to your mobile device, such as your phone’s operating system (iOS or android), model type and device year class, screen settings and operating system version number.
- Consent to receive emails from registration confirmation, subscriptions, notifications and messages including date and time of consent;
- Anonymized Internet Protocol (IP) addresses used to connect your phone or computer to the Internet;
- Account creation and last log-in date and time;
- Logging acceptance of the Privacy Notice and other Terms and Conditions;
- Audit of moderation tasks on your submission
If you make a submission to some types of consultation, there is, or may be, a requirement to provide personal data such as age, age group, nationality, location, etc. The Training Portal requests these details at the beginning of some consultations in the form of profile questions and answers in order to facilitate your participation in all types of consultation, in an efficient and effective manner.
Some types of communications from the Training Portal require your consent. These include messages and notifications. You may choose to opt-in to receiving notifications etc. which you can withdraw at any time.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information that is processed by us. These rights are listed below. These rights are not absolute and apply subject to certain conditions. For example, your rights may include:
- The right to be informed;
- The right to access personal data held by us about you;
- The right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data held by us about you;
- In certain circumstances, the right to require us to erase personal data held by us about you;
- In certain circumstances, the right to restrict our processing of personal data held by us about you;
- In certain circumstances, a right to receive personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may also have the right to require us to transfer this personal data to another organization, at your request;
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling
- The right to object to our processing of personal data held by us about you (including for the purposes of sending marketing materials to you); and
- The right to withdraw your consent, where we are relying on it to use your personal data
To exercise these rights please contact [email protected] Some rights you can exercise directly by checking certain boxes on the consent forms we use when collecting your personal information
With regard to communications, if at any point you wish to review or change your preferences, you can use the ‘opt-out’ or ‘unsubscribe’ mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive from us. Note that you may still receive transactional communications regarding your submissions.
To inquire about or exercise other rights please email the data controller. eConcepts will action any instructions from the data controller with respect to your request.
Obligation to provide personal data
In order to provide certain services to you, the Council requires your personal data, and cannot provide the services without this data. Where the council requires this data, it will be made clear to you, on application for these services, what personal data will be required to be held and processed by the Council.
What we need and why we need it
We may use information we hold about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations to process your responses to public consultations and use the data to optimize public services;
- To process your submissions (issues, suggestions or other report);
- To provide you with information;
- To notify you of confirmation that we have received your response to a consultation and/or your submissions;
- To notify you of confirmation that you have earned points and ordered or used rewards;
- To issue you with vouchers/ discounts or other rewards when points are redeemed;
- To notify you about changes to any of our services;
- To communicate with you to gain feedback on the Management Portal in order to improve it as a tool for public consultation;
- To ensure that content from the Management Portal is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
Information collected about you by the Dashboard
This information is used:
- To administer the Dashboard and for internal operations, including troubleshooting and testing;
- To improve the Dashboard to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
- To keep the Dashboard safe and secure;
Our legal basis for using your information
The legal grounds on which we rely to use collect and process your information are:
- To allow us, eTownz, to exercise our legal obligation with regard to public consultations and innovative public services. We have a legal obligation to process your personal information, provided through the Dashboard in order to enable your participation in public consultations and innovative public services.
- We rely on the legal obligation and consent to process your personal information, which you provide to us on feedback forms, and to process personal information that we collect from you when you use the Training Portal.
- It is also in our legitimate interest that your information is processed in order to administer the Training Portal, and to ensure that content from the Training Portal is presented to you effectively and securely, so that you can respond and engage online in public consultations and innovative public services.
How long we hold your data
We will retain your data until such time as you remove your consent or up to a period of 12 months. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by anonymizing all information.
Storage of your information, international data transfers and security
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Training Portal, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Dashboard; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Most transfers of data will be within the European Union and therefore covered by GDPR. In the case where transfers may be made outside the EU, for example for development or software testing purposes, we will ensure the recipients are in full compliance with the requirements of the GDPR. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice and all applicable data protection laws.
Disclosure of Your Information
We will share your data with the data processor.
We will not share your information with third parties. However some third parties may occasionally have restricted access to areas of the Training Portal where your data is stored for the purposes of providing the Training Portal service, development, testing and fixing of the Training Portal. In these cases, the third parties will also be bound by data protection agreements that comply with the GDPR.
Your personal data is not used for any automated decision-making.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. The eTownz Dashboard does not collect cookies on the mobile application.
Changes to this Notice
We reserve the right to modify the Privacy notice at any stage. If and when we make changes to our privacy notice, we’ll share details of these changes on this page. Please continue to check this page to ensure that you are always aware of any changes.
Concerns or complaints
If you have any concerns or complaints about the processing of your personal data or eTownz’s responses to you regarding your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the Office of Data Protection Commissioner, [email protected]
For further assistance on Data Protection contact: Data Protection Officer, eTownz, Liffey Trust Centre, Upper Sheriff Street, Dublin 1
Telephone: (01) 5240040
E-Mail: [email protected]